Friday, November 29, 2013

Meet the Challenge Manager and our First Designer

Thank you to everyone who has left us some bloggy love and to all of our new followers! We are thrilled to have you!!! 


This challenge could not be possible without an amazing Challenge Manager, I am so fortunate to have my sweet friend, Tracey McNeely with me on this new venture. She will be publishing each challenge, all the winner posts and helping with the design team. She is also one of our Clean & Simple Artists!!!


Let's give a big welcome to 


Hi, I'm Tracey McNeely, and I am a Canadian girl that lives just out side of Toronto in Oshawa, Ontario. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 23 years and  have two fabulous kids Ben, 18, and Brooklyn, 16. I taught computer science and special education in high school for nearly 17 years when I had to leave my job because I was no longer able to manage my MS along with working. I have been making cards since my teens and scrapbooking now for about 12 years. I love to be in my studio playing with paper and stamps creating projects that are clean and simple. I am so excited about the concept of this new challenge blog and to be on this Design Team with some great friends. 

tracey_CSC164 by Tracey McNeely, via Flickr

I have asked Tracey to share one of her favourite CAS (clean & simple) cards.

Here is a definition of what is clean & simple...
  • One main image
  • Lots of open space (uncluttered)
  • Limited layers & embellishments
  • Quick & easy to recreate

Are you a Clean & Simple designer?

19 comments:

  1. Tracey is a FABULOUS addition to your team!!! Congrats Tracey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tracey! I am a huge fan of your CAS cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card....beautifully designed...I lean toward layers when I make cards....CAS is difficult for me, but I do appreciate them when well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats, Tracey!!! Your card is sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Tracey! I'm excited about this new challenge and think it'll be a HIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey!!!! This card is beautiful! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish I had a small percentage of the energy of either Tracey or Lesley! Can't wait to see your new challenge concept. Good luck, ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to this new challenge blog! You ladies amaze me with all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracey's style is "sweet and simple" as well as clean. Love the card AND the whole concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracey is a WONDERFUL addition to your team!!! Congrats Tracey and great CAS card too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracey is a star in the CAS community! Well done, Lesley!! As you both know, I think you are both robots because I don't know how you humanly manage all you do with your personal lives and for this wonderful card making community!! You are appreciated! Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tracey, I know you live in Canada but can you HEAR me CHEERING?! Congratulations on being named to this awesome DT as well as challenge manager...you are going to be one very busy lady! Perfect choice on Lesley's part!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tracey...congrats! So excited and can't wait to see more on this new challenge blog. I know you will make simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Tracey! Your creations always amaze and inspire me, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create for the challenges!

    Best of luck as Challenge Manager ~ You are very deserving of this honor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tracy, this card is so pretty ... looking forward to being inspired by your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, and nice to meet you Tracy! Wonderful CAS card today. I'm looking forward to meeting all the designers on this unique challenge site. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry that I am LATE to congratulate Tracey! What an awesome choice! Tracey's CAS style and organization skills will be such a huge asset to this challenge blog! Congrats, Tracey! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! So happy to see Tracey managing this challenge. Congratulations, Tracey! You picked a winner, Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete